Friday, January 27, 2012

Whats the best language to learn to become a interperter/translator?

I want to become a interperter/translator when I get out of college. Right now im in high school. And I just wanted to know which language or languages would be most "neeed" for me to become a sucesful interperter/translator? Also what could I do both interpertation and translatong or will I only be able to do one of them also if you have any other info on this feild of work please share. ^_^Whats the best language to learn to become a interperter/translator?
Working via internet you don't need to be in your target country to be a translator. I live in France, most of my translation %26amp; interpreting clients are British, but everything is done by email. Interpreting has logistical issues that I don't much care for.

My favourite work is training non-native English speakers to be more effective in their work i.e. designers, engineers, marketing people, scientists, doctors etc. It pays well, is very interesting and varied and I get to meet a lot of talented people.

Study your market, bear in mind that more people need English than any otherWhats the best language to learn to become a interperter/translator?
there is no best language. You never know who you'll come in touch with. I'm not saying learn everything, but most common are:

Spanish

Japanese

Chinese

Vietnamese

French

German

Certain dialects of Africa

Arabic

Indian

The list goes on and on....

No comments:

Post a Comment