Friday, January 27, 2012

Would having a minor in a foreign language make you capable of being a translator?

Suppose you wanted to major in Information Technology, with a minor in Japanese. Would having a minor in a foreign language make you capable of being a translator? Or do you have to fully major in the language itself to be qualified?Would having a minor in a foreign language make you capable of being a translator?
Being fluent in Japanese is even more important than whether you major or minor in it.Would having a minor in a foreign language make you capable of being a translator?
Well, it depends on where you want to translate. I know if you wanted to work in schools around here, you have to take a test to see how much Japanese you really know. I am not sure with other fields, such as medical or information technology. I would check with some companies that you are thinking about.Would having a minor in a foreign language make you capable of being a translator?
I'd say NOT. I have a Honduran buddy, who had 4 years of English, and he had a LITTLE trouble translating for me! MUST have a LEAST 4 years of the language! 2 will NOT do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment