Friday, February 3, 2012

Becoming a freelance language translator?

I was wondering if becoming a freelance translator is an okay thing, as in that I could make a decent amount of money, I understand I probably won't make a fortune, but I'm not looking to become a billionaire or anything. My first language is English (I live in the USA), I am pretty good in Spanish as well as a decent amount of French, and next year at college I will continue French, start some German, and probably later in the year take a Spanish course so I don't loose it or anything.

Could I make some money off freelance translator jobs?Becoming a freelance language translator?
It's not the best idea but worthy of a try.

Just keep in mind that every company has their own translator and they dunt rly need their own.. also translating is a tough job, you have to be able to listen well adjust the translation you make and always keep the tone in a correct manner.. quick in thinking, no mental blocks attempting to remember what specific words were such as in class when ur teacher asked u what spanish ment in spanish, (espaċ¸½ol) and half the class forgetting it although they've been in the class for 2 years.. also be quick with small notes that help you.. so when your standing in front of a crowd or such and someone is giving a speech and you have to translate that u can dot down some stuff fast in english or w/e language make pretranslated text that you will present and yada yada yada.. its a lot to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment