Friday, February 3, 2012

It's there any way to embed a language translator into my visual basic application?

(Sort And Simple)

I am creating a foreign language program with visual basic and I want to know how to embed a translator into the software.



I know how to fake my own but I want a real one

Here is the code I used to fake it:





If TextBox1.Text = ("Hello how are you?") Then

Text Box2.Text = ("Hola como estas?")



LOL. But anyway can anyone help?

If you can help me out please provide an email address that I can reach you.It's there any way to embed a language translator into my visual basic application?
Language translation is a hard problem. I mean REALLY REALLY hard.

As soon as you try to go beyond faking it (like you are, recognizing a few pre-canned phrases), the job becomes 'uber-challenging'.



Even Google is struggling with this one. They keep getting better at it, but if you've ever played with their translation stuff, an put in something even moderately complicated, the results are at best amusing.



Google most likely has a team of really REALLY smart people working on this one. I suspect they'll be at it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment