Friday, February 3, 2012

Should I become an air hostess or a language translator?

i would love to become an air hostess or a language translater (i know 4 languages) and i am in love with airplanes. i would love to be one of those beautiful women in a plane. the only problem is that i am not neat and nice as usual air hostesses (i am more of a country girl) and so i dont know if i will be accepted. i am also a shorty (156cm) so some airlines probably won't take me.



my mum says that i can be a translator when i am at uni as extra income. but both my parents want me to go into sciences cos they do it and it has better pay.



what should i do???? should i listen to them?? or should i go my own way?

thanks in advance =)Should I become an air hostess or a language translator?
When you choose a career, money should never be the principal consideration. Yes, you need to put bread on the table, but if you hate your job, all the money in the world won't make up for it.



Likewise, your parents can give you advice, but ultimately the choice is yours, and you will have to live with it.



Being an air hostess (or flight attendant) is about more than looking pretty and getting to ride a plane. It's about being friendly, outgoing, willing to help, eager to serve. It can also require courage and nerves of steel, if a plane hits turbulence or there is trouble on board. If you possess these qualities, then by all means become an air hostess.



Being a translator isn't everyone's cup of tea. (I should know -- that's what I do for a living!) You work alone most of the time. You work with words and ideas rather than with people. You make decisions every second about the best word or expression to choose. You have to deal with tight deadlines and thus pressure. You may not get much feedback or thanks from your customers. In the end, what matters is your own pride in the quality of your work.



I hope this helps you to make a decision and choose your path in life.



Civis Romanus
I'm doing the sciences. Believe me, it's no piece of pie ESPECIALLY if you don't absolutely love it.. you'll just want to DIE if you do science and you don't want to.



Therefore, I suggest you do want YOU want. What if you do both? I know lots of airlines that haves hostesses who translate the directions/greetings into different languages so the foreign passengers can understand. That'd be fun :)Should I become an air hostess or a language translator?
did you try to tell them you want to be an airplane hostess (I think that is what you should be if you don't go into sciences). talk it out with them. why are you asking random people?

hope it works out! (:Should I become an air hostess or a language translator?
If you have no sort of interest in science , and have a better interest in somthing else. PLEASE go ur way!

Since you are able to speak 4 languages i would say use that as a benefit as a air hostess =D

somtimes your boss or employer might need you to translate a certain language in the airports so it should be great =) !

No comments:

Post a Comment