Friday, February 3, 2012

How do I become a Multiple Language Translator?

I'm interested in becoming a foreign language translator.

But I'm not sure what to major in, and I keep hearing to major in the foreign language you wish to study, but I have more than one.



Currently my strongest language know is Japanese, and Ive been into that forever but still want to have proper college professor to teach me and hopefully to study abroad one day. But I also want to learn french( the second language I know most),Mandarin Chinese, and Icelandic (one of the languages from one of the worlds highest economic powers..well it used to be until all this economic crap took place), and possibly Russian.



Thing is I don't know what to major in. Sometimes I also hear to major in International business,medical, or law but I'm not really into those. I'm more into tour guide translator,travel agent, air port assistance kind of thing..is this possible?



And whats the difference between International Studies, International Relations, and International Affairs.Could someone give me a valid definition to each.And would majoring in one of those help me accomplish the translator thing for multiple languages.



If someone can help me I'm trying to plan out my future better, so I don't go on taking more unnecessary classes like I was before and not developing to what I want to do.Its a waste of time and money, for I am a poor college student :P



So to list it out I need

1) What would be a recommended major for someone that wants to be a translator for multiple languages?

2)What would be a nice minor to complement my major?

3)Whats the difference between International studies,relations,and affairs, and would majoring in one of those help me accomplish the translator thing for multiple languages?

4) And also your personal opinion about what I'm doing, and how I'm going about this, do you think its a smart route?



Thanks ahead. :)How do I become a Multiple Language Translator?
major in linguistics.

if you want a minor, take your favorite language.
dictionary.comHow do I become a Multiple Language Translator?
go look onlineHow do I become a Multiple Language Translator?
The following website may have some answers for you.



http://www.atanet.org

No comments:

Post a Comment