Monday, February 6, 2012

Where can I Find a online translator, to translate Shakespearean language to modern day english?

No Fear Shakespeare is an online "translator" that expresses about half of his Shakespeare's plays into modern non-poetic English.

=============================

CLAUDIUS

Though yet of Hamlet our dear brother's death

The memory be green, and that it us befitted

To bear our hearts in grief and our whole kingdom

To be contracted in one brow of woe,

5 Yet so far hath discretion fought with nature

That we with wisest sorrow think on him

Together with remembrance of ourselves.

Therefore our sometime sister, now our queen,

Th' imperial jointress to this warlike state,

10 Have we鈥攁s 'twere with a defeated joy,

With an auspicious and a dropping eye,

With mirth in funeral and with dirge in marriage,

In equal scale weighing delight and dole鈥?br>
Taken to wife. Nor have we herein barred

15 Your better wisdoms, which have freely gone

With this affair along. For all, our thanks.

Now follows that you know. Young Fortinbras,

Holding a weak supposal of our worth

Or thinking by our late dear brother's death

20 Our state to be disjoint and out of frame,

Colleagu猫d with the dream of his advantage,

He hath not failed to pester us with message

Importing the surrender of those lands

Lost by his father, with all bonds of law,

25 To our most valiant brother. So much for him.

===========================

CLAUDIUS

Although I still have fresh memories of my brother the elder Hamlet's death, and though it was proper to mourn him throughout our kingdom, life still goes on鈥擨 think it's wise to mourn him while also thinking about my own well being. Therefore, I've married my former sister-in-law, the queen, with mixed feelings of happiness and sadness. I know that in marrying Gertrude I'm only doing what all of you have wisely advised all along鈥攆or which I thank you. Now, down to business. You all know what's happening. Young Fortinbras, underestimating my strength or imagining that the death of the king has thrown my country into turmoil, dreams of getting the better of me, and never stops pestering me with demands that I surrender the territory his father lost to the elder Hamlet, my dead brother-in-law. So much for Fortinbras.Where can I Find a online translator, to translate Shakespearean language to modern day english?
It's not another language. If you speak English you can figure it out. Besides, Shakespeare was the beggining of modern English.Where can I Find a online translator, to translate Shakespearean language to modern day english?
maybe you can go to yahoo or google it, that's the best i got,

No comments:

Post a Comment