Monday, February 6, 2012

A Specific Language Translator?

I want to know if there's something in the world that will translate english text into a READABLE.



Example: I want to translate the term "End of the World" to Greek. What any other translator would give me is Τ?λο? του κ?σμου.



What I want is how to SPEAK it. "End of the World" in ancient Greek is "Kosmike Katastrophe". I want a translator that teaches me how to SAY the world, not give me the text.



Does this kind of thing even exist?A Specific Language Translator?
The best site I know for translations is

http://translation.babylon.com/english/t…



As for the pronunciation/intonation of the Greek words, I really don't know if any of the sites can really help you.



Regarding the problem you have now, I think you can basically start distinguishing the Greek letters and their way of being pronounced as the intonation is much easier since the syllable stressed is always marked.



End of the world = τ?λο? του κ?σμου ( TE-los tu KOS-mou)

or End of the world = Κοσμικ? καταστροφ? ( ko-smi-KI ka-ta-stro-FI)



I hope I've helped you,

Angela!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment